Previous Press Releases
Recognize the best and brightest minds in healthcare supply chain
SCHAUMBURG, IL December 8, 2017) – Bellwether League Inc., the Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership, currently seeks and accepts nominations for its Future Famers and Bellwether Classes of 2018.
Bellwether League’s Future Famers recognize industry all-stars early in their careers, shining a spotlight on some of the innovative and progressive projects they achieve that make a difference within their respective organizations and serve as examples to others in the industry.
Bellwether recognition honors the entire careers of innovative and pioneering leaders in the healthcare supply chain whose efforts and achievements have left an indelible mark of high performance and quality service on their organizations and the industry as a whole.
Visit Bellwether League’s web site to access and download the official nomination forms for Future Famers and Bellwether recognition and see the criteria the Board of Directors uses.
Deadline for Future Famers nominations: Monday, January 15, 2018
Deadline for Bellwether nominations: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Bellwether League plans to announce the Future Famers Class of 2018 in April and reveal the Honorees of the Bellwether Class of 2018 in July.
The Hall of Fame will induct the newest Honorees and recognize the newest Future Famers at its 11th Annual Bellwether Induction Dinner Event in the Chicago metropolitan area in early October 2018. Details on next year’s event will be announced soon. Stay tuned to Bellwether League.org or selected media outlets for the latest developments.
About Bellwether League
Bellwether League’s Board of Directors, a veteran group of industry advocates, selects deceased, retired and currently active professionals with a minimum of 25 years of exemplary service and leadership performance in supply chain operations that meet its criteria to be publicly recognized. Honorees demonstrate their qualifications by advancing the profession through work experience and performance and active participation in professional organizations and their communities. Future Famers represent supply chain professionals early in their healthcare careers who do not yet qualify for Bellwether consideration, but have contributed to the healthcare supply chain profession in a meaningful way.
To date, Bellwether League has honored 96 innovators, leaders and pioneers in healthcare supply chain management in five distinct categories: Education & Media, Supply Chain Management, Group Purchasing, Supplier and Consulting Services. Bellwether League also has recognized 17 Future Famers.
Launched in late July 2007 by a group of influential veterans in the healthcare supply chain industry, Bellwether League is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation that identifies and honors men and women who have demonstrated significant leadership in, influence on and contributions to the supply chain from healthcare providers, healthcare product manufacturers and distributors, group purchasing organizations, consulting firms, educational institutions and media outlets.
Bellwether League currently is funded by five Founding/Platinum Sponsors – Halyard Health, Owens & Minor, Premier Purchasing Partners, Vizient and VIE Healthcare – and a host of additional sponsors.
The 2016-2017 Board of Directors of Bellwether League Inc. includes a veteran group of industry advocates:
- Nick Gaich, (chairman) (Bellwether Class of 2013),CEO, Nick Gaich and Associates, Morgan Hill, CA
- Patrick E. Carroll Jr. (secretary), President, Patrick E. Carroll & Associates, Cypress, CA
- Deborah A. Petretich Templeton, R.Ph., (treasurer), Chief, System Support Services, Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Rick Dana Barlow (co-founder, executive director), President, Wingfoot Media Inc., Schaumburg, IL
- Todd Ebert, R.Ph., President and CEO, Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA), Washington
- Edward J. Hisscock, Vice President, Clinical Sourcing and Informatics, and Transformation Officer, Non-Labor Spend, for Trinity Health, Livonia, MI
- Jamie C. Kowalski (co-founder, founding chairman 2007-2013), CEO, Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting LLC, Milwaukee, WI
- Nathaniel Mickish (Future Famers Class of 2015), Vice President, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Mark A. Van Sumeren, Strategic Advisor, Health Industry Advisor LLC, Richmond, VA
- John B. Gaida, Chairman Emeritus, Bellwether League Inc., Arlington, TX
For more information on how to become a sustaining or corporate sponsor or to nominate Honoree and Future Famer candidates visit BellwetherLeague.org.
Pictures of the Bellwether and Future Famers Classes of 2017 are available on request.