Previous Press Releases
Calling all Future Famer 2016 nominations!
Bellwether League Inc., the Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership, has recognized and honored innovators, leaders and pioneers within five segments of the healthcare supply chain industry: Providers, Suppliers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Consultants and Education and Media. Honorees within each Bellwether Class dedicated decades of their careers and lives not only to the profession but to the business and health of the healthcare industry in general.
For the second consecutive year, Bellwether League Inc. extends its reach to the other end of the career spectrum – those in the early stages of their healthcare supply chain career or those with non-healthcare supply chain experience that may be new to healthcare but are contributing to the industry in a significant way or are otherwise making a difference through innovative achievements, leadership potential and pioneering work.
Bellwether League Inc.’s Future Famers represent:
- Professionals early in their healthcare careers who do not yet qualify for Bellwether consideration, but have contributed to the supply chain profession in a meaningful way.
- Future industry leaders to encourage ongoing innovation and progress as they may seek Bellwether status later in their careers.
- The various projects implemented by these rising stars that advance the healthcare supply chain – and healthcare industry as a whole – every day.
Professionals selected as Future Famers will receive a formal certificate and an invitation to Bellwether League Inc.’s 4th Annual Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Forum and 9th Annual Bellwether Induction Dinner event on Monday, October 3, 2016, in Chicago.
DEADLINE for nominations: Monday, February 1, 2016
Click on http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2400245/0493d3bba135 and nominate someone for Future Famer consideration! For more information, contact Rick Dana Barlow, (847) 466-7425, email@example.com.
Honoring the inaugural 2015 Future Famers class
Bellwether League Inc. honored six professionals at the 8th Annual Bellwether Induction Dinner on October 19, 2015, in for their contributions to supply chain operational excellence during the first decade of their employment.
Joining the inaugural Future Famers Class of 2015:
- Will Barrette, Assistant Vice President, Supply Chain Finance & Strategy, Ochsner Health System, New Orleans
- Justin Freed, Executive Director, Supply Chain Management, Loma Linda (CA) Medical Center (Freed joined Seattle-based Providence Health & Services, as Associate Vice President, Supply Chain in early October)
- Jason Hays, Regional Director, Supply Chain, Mercy Health, St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima, OH
- Nate Mickish, Senior Director, Non-acute Supply Chain, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Eric Tritch, Director, Strategic Sourcing, University of Chicago Medicine
- Donna Van Vlerah, Vice President, Supply Chain, Parkview Health, Fort Wayne, IN.
“The Future Famers recognition award is Bellwether League’s way of acknowledging individuals early in their career who have made significant strides to improve their organizations, themselves or even their profession,” said John Gaida, Chairman, Bellwether League Inc. “Our job at BLI is to shine a light on supply chain achievement – the Bellwether who has done so much over his or her career to advance the profession, and now the Future Famer who has huge potential to someday become a Bellwether.”
About Bellwether League Inc.
Bellwether League Inc.’s Board of Directors selects deceased, retired and currently active professionals with a minimum of 25 years of exemplary service and leadership performance in supply chain operations that meet its criteria to be publicly recognized. Honorees demonstrate their qualifications by advancing the profession through work experience and performance and active participation in professional organizations and their communities. Launched in late July 2007 by a group of influential veterans in the healthcare supply chain industry, Bellwether League Inc., is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation funded by five Founding and Platinum Sponsors – Halyard Health, McKesson, MedAssets (now part of Vizient), Owens & Minor and Premier Purchasing Partners – and a host of additional sponsors.
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors of Bellwether League Inc. includes:
- John B. Gaida (chairman), Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Patrick E. Carroll Jr. (secretary), President, Patrick E. Carroll & Associates, Cypress, CA
- Mary A. Starr, (treasurer) Regional Vice President, Vizient Inc., Chicago
- Rick Dana Barlow (co-founder, executive director), President, Wingfoot Media Inc., Schaumburg, IL
- Todd Ebert, R.Ph., President and CEO, Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA), Washington
- Nick Gaich, (Bellwether Class of 2013),CEO, Nick Gaich and Associates, Morgan Hill, CA
- Jamie C. Kowalski (co-founder, founding chairman 2007-2013), CEO, Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting LLC, Milwaukee, WI
- Michael Louviere, (Bellwether Class of 2010), System Vice President, Supply Chain, Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, LA
- John W. Strong, (Bellwether Class of 2011),Principal, John Strong LLC, Fontana, WI
- Deborah A. Petretich Templeton, R.Ph., Chief, Care Support Services, Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Mark A. Van Sumeren, Strategic Adviser, Medical Devices and Integrated Delivery Networks , Health Industry Advisor LLC, Richmond, VA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
John B. Gaida
Senior Vice President
Supply Chain Management
Texas Health Resources
Patrick E. Carroll Jr.
Patrick E. Carroll & Associates
Mary A. Starr
Vice President, West Region
Rick Dana Barlow
Wingfoot Media Inc.
Todd Ebert, R.Ph.
President & CEO
Healthcare Supply Chain Association
Nick Gaich and Associates
Jamie C. Kowalski
Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting LLC
System Vice President, Supply Chain
Ochsner Health System
John W. Strong
John Strong LLC
Deborah Templeton, R.Ph.
Chief, Care Support Services
Geisinger Health System
Mark A. Van Sumeren
Strategic Advisor, Medical Devices & Integrated Delivery Networks
Health Industry Advisor LLC
Jamie C. Kowalski
Rick Dana Barlow
Owens & Minor
Premier Purchasing Partners
Bellwether League Inc. (BLI) is a non-stock, not-for-profit Illinois corporation, tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(6). BLI donations and sponsorships are not deductible as a charitable contribution for income tax purposes, but may be deductible as a business expense.