Previous Press Releases
Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Forum explores renewing value to weather market turbulence
SCHAUMBURG, IL (November 3, 2017) –The topic of note during Bellwether League Inc.’s 5th annual Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Forum centered on the need to renew Supply Chain’s value for healthcare financial and operational stability and success and how to accomplish that goal.
This year’s panel discussion at the Forum, which was moderated by Raymond Seigfried (Bellwether Class of 2012), Healthcare Administration Faculty Member at Arcadia University’s School of Global Business and a veteran healthcare supply chain executive, featured four distinct panelists from noteworthy provider organizations.
The panel included:
- Deborah Templeton, R.Ph., Chief, System Support Services, Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Ed Hisscock, Vice President, Clinical Sourcing and Informatics, and Transformation Officer, Non-Labor Spend, Trinity Health, Livonia, MI
- Nate Mickish, Vice President, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Karen Kresnik, R.N., Director, Supply Chain Value Analysis & Contracting, Nebraska Methodist Health System, Omaha, NE.
Templeton also serves as Board Treasurer of Bellwether League, with Hisscock and Mickish as fellow Board Members. Mickish also is a member of Bellwether League’s Future Famers Class of 2015, and Kresnik is a member of the Future Famers Class of 2017.
The Forum preceded by several hours Bellwether League’s 10th Annual Bellwether Induction Dinner Event at The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown Magnificent Mile.
During the wide-ranging discussion panelists explored a variety of organizational and professional issues experienced by supply chain executives. Among the salient issues: Managing relationships with the provider C-suite, suppliers and group purchasing organizations; balancing product and purchased services expenses against labor; preparing for the future via succession planning and entry by disruptive companies, services and technologies; and developing effective value measurements for quality decision making.
Listen to an audio-recording of the Forum:
About Bellwether League
Bellwether League’s Board of Directors, a veteran group of industry advocates, selects deceased, retired and currently active professionals with a minimum of 25 years of exemplary service and leadership performance in supply chain operations that meet its criteria to be publicly recognized. Honorees demonstrate their qualifications by advancing the profession through work experience and performance and active participation in professional organizations and their communities. Future Famers represent supply chain professionals early in their healthcare careers who do not yet qualify for Bellwether consideration, but have contributed to the healthcare supply chain profession in a meaningful way.
To date, Bellwether League has honored 96 innovators, leaders and pioneers in healthcare supply chain management in five distinct categories: Education & Media, Supply Chain Management, Group Purchasing, Supplier and Consulting Services. Bellwether League also has recognized 17 Future Famers to date.
Launched in late July 2007 by a group of influential veterans in the healthcare supply chain industry, Bellwether League is a 501(c) (6) not-for-profit corporation that identifies and honors men and women who have demonstrated significant leadership in, influence on and contributions to the supply chain from healthcare providers, healthcare product manufacturers and distributors, group purchasing organizations, consulting firms, educational institutions and media outlets.
Bellwether League currently is funded by four Founding/Platinum Sponsors – Halyard Health, Owens & Minor, Premier Purchasing Partners and Vizient – and a host of additional sponsors.
The 2017-2018 Board of Directors of Bellwether League Inc. includes a veteran group of industry advocates:
The 2016-2017 Board of Directors of Bellwether League Inc. includes a veteran group of industry advocates:
- Nick Gaich, (chairman) (Bellwether Class of 2013),CEO, Nick Gaich and Associates, Morgan Hill, CA
- Patrick E. Carroll Jr. (secretary), President, Patrick E. Carroll & Associates, Cypress, CA
- Deborah A. Petretich Templeton, R.Ph., (treasurer), Chief, System Support Services, Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Rick Dana Barlow (co-founder, executive director), President, Wingfoot Media Inc., Schaumburg, IL
- Todd Ebert, R.Ph., President and CEO, Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA), Washington
- Edward J. Hisscock, Vice President, Clinical Sourcing and Informatics, and Transformation Officer, Non-Labor Spend, for Trinity Health, Livonia, MI
- Jamie C. Kowalski (co-founder, founding chairman 2007-2013), CEO, Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting LLC, Milwaukee, WI
- Nathaniel Mickish (Future Famers Class of 2015), Vice President, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Mark A. Van Sumeren, Strategic Advisor, Health Industry Advisor LLC, Richmond, VA
- John B. Gaida, Chairman Emeritus, Bellwether League Inc., Arlington, TX
For more information on how to become a sustaining or corporate sponsor or to nominate Honoree and Future Famer candidates visit BellwetherLeague.org.